Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So, how about this.

So I've been musing over a few idea which I'd like to work on/enact in the future - and would like some feedback on them. Things like, muti-lingual translations, accepting donations (I just set that up anyway), selling scanned doujinshi, higher resolution releases and working on scaning/translating actual manga.

I have also attatched an image of a genderswaped Kenshiro above to catch your attention. Has it worked? Good. Follow after the jump for more words about the above subjects. (Or don't, it's not like I c-care or anything baka!)


 So multi-lingual translations right? I noticed that one of my earlier Touhou releases was translated into Thai by some guys (presumably) from Thailand. I also seem to get a reasonable number of visitors from countries in which english isn't the offical language as well So - to increase the amount of people which my scans get out to getting them into another language which isn't Japanese or English would be a good step.

The problem here is that while I know translators who can help with Japanese to English I don't have a clue how the translation scene is in other countries (Or the funds for that actually). So if there is anyone out where who's fluent in English and - German/French/Thai/Sweedish/Italian or whatever and would like to help out let me know. It would involve going from English Your language of choice and would probably use a translation I've already had done as a base - and a reasonable amount of your time if I'm any guess. I am aware that double translation has it's risks as far as accuracy goes but we'll see how/if that pans out. I'd also have to contact the translators and see if they're okay with it now that I think about it.


I had a paragraph here about donations but then I set it up anyway. It would be nice if I got some and they'd go straight towards translations/doujinshi, but I'm not going to be relying on them.

This leads me to my next subject. Selling doujinshi: I scan everything personally and then put the doujinshi back in storeage. For most (but not all) things that I've scanned unless I particularly like it once I've finished with it it's just taking up space. So, I am considering selling off the scanned stuff that I'm not interested in keeping. This would be strictly on a first come first served basis and the price would depend on the size of the doujinshi/how much shipping to your particular location would cost and go straight through paypal. The only damage anything takes from scanning is a very slight roll in the spine. I'll update with images/further detail if I get any interest in this.


So higher resolution scans right? As it stands I'm releasing at 1200x. I started off at 780x (I don't know what the fuck I was thinking) however with my new scanner I've been experimenting with 2000x. Which per page properly leveled looks fucking fantastic. Of course this pushes the filesize up dramatically. You may have noticed with my audio releases I've put out two filesizes, normal and archival quality, well I'm considering doing that with doujin as well. I'd like some opinions on that so let me know if you crave the higher res or if this would be a waste of time and or effort.
In the future I'd like to move into scanning and translating actual manga to make a contribution in that area. I have some interesting material around the place to get into such as this and a few other rare/oddities The problem here is that I'll either need a translator on board or a large amount of funding to brute force it through (other translators). So if there's any translators out there with free time who're interested in helping me out I have some pretty good unscanned stock around the place and I can handle the editing no problem.

Well that last paragraph was a bit of a plea for help wasn't it.

Anyway thats about it for now, any feedback or comments on stuff in these posts would be greatly appreciated, and will be taken on board.
-Superkawaii‼





No comments:

Post a Comment