Monday, November 12, 2012

Commission - Black Magic M-66

I've been quite busy with real life lately but I think there is always time for a comission from a good artist.
For today's item we look to Jeffrey Chamba Cruz.


Read on after the jump for the full picture.
(This comission is SFW)
You may have noticed that I tend to dote on Black Magic M-66, like a lot.
 Here's a bit of an explanation; I enjoy going back to the 80's/90's and digging through strange and obscure things that never saw the light of day in the west - and making them known. It's kind of like treasure hunting really.
Of those that I've found BM66 certainly isn't the best OVA out, heck - I think it's pretty obvious the terminator had a large influence in it's design and it's a bit cheesy. But for some reason I find it kind of endearing.
It's also been amazing to me just how much strange and interesting material I've been able to procure. You'd think that after a few months of casual collecting new things would stop showing up. But time and time again Japanese collectors have proven themselves to be the most through and careful in the world with a plethora of amazing rarities turning up every constantly.

Getting back to the matter at hand, I really like this commission, the heavy strokes give it a really good movie poster style feeling and Sybel looks adorable. (Hnngh) I think I will be getting some more done by J.Cruz in the not too distant future.

 (Click for large!)

No comments:

Post a Comment